Student Services Manager
Wagner Middle School / MS167
220 East 76th Street
New York, NY 10021
Email is the best way to get in touch.
Do you need transcripts, school records, test scores, or immunization records for students?
Please email Ms. Deane
Do you need to confirm that a student is currently attending school at Wagner?
Please email Ms. Deane
Please do not drop off items!
As a reminder, please do not drop off items for your child during the school day. We will not accept homework, lunches, gym clothes, etc in the main office. We do not want to disrupt class learning, and we want middle school students to be responsible for having everything they need for school.
School hours are 8:30 am - 2:50 pm. Students may not leave school by themselves before the end of the school day. If they need to leave early, they must be checked out by an adult on their Emergency Blue Card.
Side note: Children MAY NOT be checked out of school during their lunch period.
6th grade lunch: Period 4, 10:45a-11:30a
7th grade lunch: Period 5, 11:30a-12:15p
8th grade lunch: Period 6, 12:15p-1p
If your Wagner Student needs any of the following, please have them come see Ms. Deane in the Main Office, room 121.
- a letter confirming enrollment at Wagner
- a transcript or report card printed?
- records sent to a new or private school
- a new Metro Card
- an attendance record
- an immunization question or a record to turn in
- updating an address, phone number, or email
Are you ready to register your student at Wagner? Wagner is a Zoned School, which means all students living in our Zone may come to Wagner. We do not have “lists” or work on a “space available” basis. If your home address is in our Zone, your student may attend Wagner, provided you have all the paperwork necessary to register your student. Please follow the steps below:
1. Please enter your new address here to see if you live in Wagner's zone. We are a "zoned" school. Our zone is roughly 59th Street to 96th Street, from Central Park to the East River.
2. If Wagner appears in the box as your zoned school, and once you've gathered all necessary items from the checklist below, I will be able to complete registration.
All middle school kids living in our zone may come to Wagner, provided they have everything on the Registration Checklist and are up-to-date with required immunizations.
3. Please gather all items needed on the checklist below. All required items are needed to register:
--Required: Child’s birth certificate or passport
--Required: Complete immunization records
--Required: Last report card the student received
--Required: Proof of address, verified by any (and only) two of the following, which must include the parent(s) names, address, and be dated within the past 60 days
A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison)
A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence
Documentation on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS or the City Housing Authority
A current property tax bill for the residence
A water bill for the residence dated
Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence
State, city, or other government-issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
Income tax form for the last calendar year
Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address
Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of the residence
--Required only if this applies to your student: A copy of the student's IEP or 504 learning plan.
4. Here are the required immunizations for your child to attend school. Please take this list to your doctor to coordinate a schedule to receive all needed shots before registration. Please bring your child's immunization records to registration.
5. Make sure your child's doctor (any US doctor) fills out this health form. It is required to be on file for all students in NYC public schools.
If Wagner is not your Zoned School, or if you have a Special Situation, or if you have further questions, please email the Family Welcome Center.
Once you have all the required items ready, please email Ms. Deane to set up an appointment.
Thanks, and we look forward to welcoming your students to our Wagner community.