WE NEED YOU!!!!!
Wagner Middle School has 3 member at large openings on the Wagner Parents Association Executive Board for a new incoming family
There is also a spot on the School Leadership Team (SLT) for a new incoming family
Nominations and elections will take place during the October General Membership meeting on October 19TH @ 8:45 in the library!!!
For more information please email Wagnerpa.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have updated our Wagner REMIND account and we want to make sure you are on our list to send you text messages. Remind is a free, safe, and easy way for Wagner Middle School to reach you with important information.
Please take a few minutes to join both the School Wide account and your child’s grade level for the 2017-18 school year.
School Wide – All Grades
Using your phone text @ms167all to the number 81010
You will receive a welcome text from Remind.
Using a computer go to: https://www.remind.com/join/ms167all
6th Grade Information Only
Using your phone text @ms167-6 to the number 81010
You will receive a welcome text from Remind.
Using a computer go to: https://www.remind.com/join/ms167-6
7th Grade Information Only
Using your phone text @ms167-7 to the number 81010
You will receive a welcome text from Remind.
Using a computer go to: https://www.remind.com/join/ms167-7
8th Grade Information Only
Using your phone text @ms167-8 to the number 81010
You will receive a welcome text from Remind
Using a computer go to: https://www.remind.com/join/ms167-8
If you have any if you have any questions regarding signing up or prefer to be removed from our Remind system please contact Ms. Elias at Jelias2@schools.nyc.gov.
High School Application
Get personal, expert advice on your child's final high school application.
NOTE: Sessions are 20 minutes each, first come, first served. Families may arrive anytime during the 11am - 2:30pm time period and will be seen in the order you arrive. Please note that there may be a wait!
MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS: 10/17/17
Have any questions about Wagner - click here for Wagner’s dictionary. Click here October calendar (updated 10/12/17, 5:13pm). Click here for November calendar (updated 10/12/17, 5:33pm). See Breakfast and Lunch Menus for October, 2017 *ARISTA In-School Service Form * ARISTA Community Service Form
*Wagner's Lost and Found: There has been an enormous increase of lost items, especially sweaters and sweatshirts, this week. Our second rack is now almost full.
* Reminder: Family Science Days are still going on during the month of October. To download a voucher - good for 4 people per flyer, click here. Remember that you will need to print both the front and back of voucher.
From the PA:
- There will be a PA General Meeting this coming Thursday, October 19th. Directly following the PA meeting, will be 2 amazing speakers from ChildMind, covering the topic: Traumatic Stress and Teenagers. For more information and to register for this amazing workshop, please click here.
- All new Wagner wear sales going on at Wagner, check out their new items and form by clicking here! Forms will also be sent home with Interim Reports and can be found on the main counter in the main office. Sale deadline: October 25th. * Parents and students: the school store tomorrow, will NOT be selling the items listed on the new form. The items listed on the form will be ordered when people return them to the white box at school. The store store has t-shirts and a few sweatshirts/hoodies.
- Wagner Wear - School Store Hours: The PA will be selling Gym Shirts and Wagner Sweatshirts on Wednesdays, during the students' morning home-room (8:20-8:28am), students (or parents) can come to room 126, to purchase Wagner sweatshirts and or t-shirts. NO DEBIT CARDS PLEASE. Just cash or check written to "Wagner PA" will be accepted.
- 6th Grade Halloween Dance Flyer, click here.
- Friendly reminder that the Meadow Farms Fundraiser deadline is fast approaching! [October 20th] Please help us make this year's sales a success. There are many great prizes and remember that any students who sell 7 items or more will automatically be entered into a drawing to order additional prizes from level F or G.
- WAGNER PARENTS LOVE OUR TEACHERS & STAFF! Help us replenish the teacher’s lounge with goodies for the parent teacher conferences. We need donations of individually wrapped snacks, tea, coffee pods and/ or money. Please send your donation by October 25th and label your donation “For Teacher’s Lounge." Please email Nesli at email@example.com with any questions.
- 16 Handles Community Fundraiser! All day: Friday, October 27th. Stop by for a froyo at 16 Handles 2nd Avenue (1569 2nd Avenue) anytime before or after parent/teacher conferences and 16 Handles will donate back 16% of your purchase to the Wagner PA. Please make sure to tell cashier that you are there for the Wagner 16 Handles Fundraiser in order for your purchase to count!
- Wagner PA’s Annual Family Appeal: Please click here for donation form.
- Scholastic Book Fair: Get ready for the Scholastic Book fair which will be going on from October 24th, 9am to 4pm, until Friday, October 27th. Click here for the Scholastic Book Fair Flyer for more details.
- The Boxtops deadline is coming up. Wagner's Box Tops 2017-2018 collection drive has begun! Please check the expiration date, send in your neatly clipped Boxtops in a ziploc bag, labeled with number of Boxtops and your child's name and class on it. Fall deadline is October 17th! To learn more about Boxtops for Education, please visit: http://www.boxtops4education.com/. The homeroom class in each grade that collects the most Boxtops wins out-lunch!
Upcoming Events at Wagner
- Breast Cancer Awareness at Wagner: All staff and students are encouraged to wear pink on Wednesday, October 18th.
- Reminder: 8th Grade Picture day is on Monday, October 23rd. Students will wear a graduation gown. Click here for a sample of what the pictures look like (from last year's Senior year book).
- Please note, the 6th and 7th grade dance times are the following: 2:45pm - 4:30pm. See updated calendars above.
- Family Night at the Movies! Mark your calendars for this FREE fun event hosted by Wagner's Social Studies Department. Come to enjoy this fun, interactive experience with your family, parents, grandparents and children (ages 10 and up is best) along with Wagner Social Studies teaching staff. There will be snacks & raffle prizes. Thursday, November 9th, 6-7:30pm. See Eventbrite link to sign up to come: http://bit.do/Family-Movie-Night
- Parent Teacher Conferences are on Thursday, October 26th from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM and Friday, October 27th from 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM. Students will be dismissed on Friday, October 27th at 11:30 AM.
Wagner News or Reminders:
- Immunization Records: If you have not already done so please send your child's immunizations records to Ms. Deane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only send a PDF or make a copy and have your child drop it off in the main office. Please do not take a picture of your form to email. These do not print clearly. Thank you!
- 8th Graders: Are you putting together your art portfolio for high school? If you are and you could use a little help – stop by to see Ms. Carluccio, in room 211 on Wednesdays, from 2:45pm to 3:45pm. No appointment necessary. This is an informal drop-in experience.
- Club 167 update: Club 167 is underway and while some clubs are no longer accepting new members, others have spots available. If you would like to attend any Club 167 clubs, you need to submit a paper application. Applications can be downloaded from our group page on the Wagner website (click here) or you can find an application on the main office counter.
- Chorus: If singing is your passion, join Wagner's chorus. Admission is open to all. No audition required. Chorus meets Mondays and Thursdays. A club 167 application is required.
- Math Team: If math is your passion, join the 6th grade math team on Mondays or the 7th & 8th grade teams on Tuesdays!
- October PA Meeting and Workshop: Please join your fellow PA members on October 19th, 8:45am in the library. Guest speakers, Dr. Will Folberth and Dr. Erika Rooney, are psychologists with the Trauma and Resilience Program at the Child Mind Institute. This talk will provide an overview of traumatic stress and how to identify and support students in the wake of a traumatic event. Click here to read more and to register for this event.
- From the PA: Wagner Middle School has 3 Member at Large openings on the Wagner Parent's Association Executive Board for a NEW INCOMING FAMILY. There is also a spot on the School Leadership Team (SLT) for a NEW INCOMING FAMILY. Nominations and elections will take place during the October General Membership meeting on October 19th @ 8:45am, in the library! Thank you! For more information, please email Nesli at: email@example.com.
- Parents: Please try to schedule all doctor/medical appointments for either before or after school. If a doctor/medical appointment during the school day is necessary, please know that students cannot check out after 2:20p, and it is extremely difficult during the lunch period. Lunch periods are:
6th grade: 10:40a-11:30a
7th grade: 11:25a-12:15p
8th grade: 12:10p-1p
- Parents: As a reminder, we do not allow dropping off items for students during the school day. Please do not come to school to bring a lunchbox, a forgotten homework, a gym shirt, a metro card, or any other forgotten item (Please know that if your child forgot lunch, a free lunch will be provided in the cafeteria). Instead, please encourage and empower your child to speak up about any problems they are having to a teacher or administrator. Also, have your child create a checklist of daily items needed, and post it by your front door so that your child may check it each morning before heading out to school. We are excited about your child becoming independent and self-sufficient during these middle school years!
ARISTA Service Opportunities & Volunteer Needs/Opportunities:
- Ronald McDonald Fun Run! Join the Wagner community as we fundraise to support the Ronald McDonald House New York on Saturday, November 11th, 2017, (Central Park, 9am) as part of the 19th Annual Kid's Charity Fun Run. We hope your children will join us for a great cause. Last year, Wagner was the 3rd highest fundraiser for NYC and we had THE MOST runners of all the NYC schools (including public, private and parochial)!!! Way to go Wagner! Students who participate in the Fun Run, can bring their ARISTA Community Service form to be signed by me at the run, for 5 hours of community service. It’s fun and easy and your children don’t have to be fast nor do they have to be a runner. Click here for details to sign up! Go Wagner! So far,
- Parents and 8th Grade Students are needed as tour helpers: Wagner's tour season for perspective 5th grade families, will begin tomorrow and go through November. This season is going to be our biggest tour season ever, as all of our tours have already been sold out! We need both parents and 8th grade students, to volunteer as tour helpers. For parents (7th and 8th grade preferred), Parents and students can sign up by clicking here. We definitely could use more parent helpers for tours and for set up. Thank you!
- Halloween PA Bake Sale: Click here for flyer. Home-baked donations will be accepted for ARISTA credit for 7th & 8th graders only (October 31st). All snacks are sold for $1.
- The 6th Grade Halloween Dance is coming up, October 20th, 3:30-5:00pm.This dance is a Halloween Costume Dance Party. The PA would like to recruit volunteers so I am including a SignUpGenius. They are also looking for water and snack donations. Please click here to sign up! Thank you! To cover all costs, the PA is asking for $5 cover fee at the door.
- PS 183 is looking for responsible Wagner students, to help with their upcoming Halloween Party. If you sign up for outside community service, please write in the comment section of the SignUpGenius, that you are a Wagner student and your grade. Example: Jessica Lorie signs up and writes in the comment section Wagner student, 8th grade. Remember to bring a community service form with you, so that they can sign it for you when you are finished with your volunteer hours. Click here to sign up. Click here for Wagner's Community Service Form.
Wagner Sports Updates & Wins
- Congrats to both the JV and Varsity Volleyball for sweeping our rivals: East Side Middle School!
- Congrats to the Wagner Girls' Soccer team, for playing with amazing heart and teamwork. Over the last 3 games, they have outscored their opponents by a score of 9-3!!!
- Table Tennis Opportunity on Saturdays at Wagner Middle School, click here for flyer.
- CEC Parent Invitation on November 1st, 6:30-7:30pm: A Town Hall Event with Carmen Farina. Issues and concerns for District II will be addressed. Click here for flyer in English. Click here for flyer in Spanish Click here for flyer in Chinese.
- Carnegie Music Hall has some events for various age groups- click here for more information.
Ongoing Announcements Below:
- Pupil Path account are all set up. Please contact one of our Technology Specialists if you have any difficulty signing into Pupil Path to resolve your issue. Janet Elias: Jelias2@schools.nyc.gov or Chris Hernandez: Chernandez13@schools.nyc.gov
- Dial-A-Teacher: The UFT (United Federation of Teachers) has a help center for students to call and get help on homework in the afternoons and evenings. Contact number: 212.777.3380.
- Photo Release Forms: Some students have not turned in their signed photo release forms. If you need an additional form, please email the parent coordinator: SGonzalez132@schools.nyc.gov.
- Reminder: As per school policy, please do not drop off items for your child within the school day.
- Special Request: Please do not pick up your child between 2:30pm and 2:40pm. Please schedule appointments so that you don't have to pick them up during that time. Thank you!
- Contact Ms. Deane about MetroCards, school letters, registration, updating/changing student information in ATS. Ms. Deane: JDeane@mail.wagner167.org.
- School Lunch Forms: As you know, Wagner offers free lunch to all students, every day. However, we need 100% survey participation from our parents - regardless of need. The form is going home with students today. To make it easier, you can go on-line to fill out the form (one per family not per school). For example, if you have a third grader and a 6th grader, you only have to fill out the form once. If you complete it on-line, you will get a confirmation email. Please print this and have your child give it to their teacher so we can keep track of our numbers. The form will ask for your child’s OSIS number. Also, when asked for school name, choose: 02M167 - JHS 167 Robert F. Wagner. At the end of the form, it will give you an option to Print or View Form. You can print this form and send to school or you can print the confirmation email. Click here to get started.
- MetroCards: If your child has not received their MetroCard, they should see Ms. Deane in the main office after school. If she does not have their MetroCard on hand, she will have one for them as soon as more are delivered from the DOE. For students who have lost their card already, they may have to wait up to 2 weeks, for a new cards, depending on availability of cards. (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please see the "Bulletin Board" (scroll down to the end of the Wagner's main front webpage), for the MetroCard Replacement Request Form. There are also forms in the main office.
- If you have not signed up to receive emails from the school via the Parent Coordinator, please email her to let her know so she can put you on her grade level list. If you have more than one child at Wagner, be sure to have your email address on both lists as the Parent Coordinator often sends emails that are grade specific.
- Registration: If you have any registration questions or need to change/update your mailing address, please email Ms. Deane at: email@example.com.
- State Exam Results: Results are available on the website: https://mystudent.nyc. If you have not set up an account, please send an email to the parent coordinator with your child's name and OSIS number.
- To contact the Parent Coordinator, email me at: SGonzalez132@schools.nyc.gov.
8th Grade Picture DayWagner Middle School
SLT Meeting, 2:45pm-3:45pmWagner Middle School
Parent Teacher ConferencesWagner Middle School
Wagner School Tours 2017-18 School Year
Welcome to Wagner Middle School's Fall Tour/Open House Season. Parents and their 5th graders, from public, private, parochial or home instruction schools, are welcome to join us for a daytime tour (8:45am) or an evening open house (5:30pm); however, you must register if you would like to attend one of our fall tours or open houses. Please print your ticket to bring with you when you arrive for the tour or open house.
Please note: Your individual schools may request for you to sign up for a specific date, so please discuss with your school's guidance counselor or parent coordinator prior to registering, as all of our tours are "open", we do not require specific schools to come on specific dates.
- All schools : Link To Register
- For Chinatown Schools: Link To Register (*Mandarin and Cantonese Translators will be available on this date)
- For Wagner's Special Education Services Tour: Link to Register
Parents and their 5th graders, from public, private, parochial or home instruction schools, are welcome to join us for a daytime tour (8:45am) or an evening open house (5:30pm); however, you must register if you would like to attend one of our fall tours or open houses. Please print your ticket to bring with you when you arrive for the tour or open house.
A Picture Perfect Start To The 2017-18 School Year.
Statement on Accessibility:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Janet Elias at Jelias2@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance.