Please join us at our workshop "Fostering Positive Mental Health in Teens with Michael Fraser. Ph.D."
The teenage years can be a stressful time for young people who have to deal with peer pressure, academic expectations, and puberty. When sadness and stress are more than temporary feelings they may be signs of depression. Lack of motivation, irritability, and troublemaking can also be indicators your child is depressed. Please join us for a workshop to help families recognize the signs of depression and learn strategies for fostering positive mental health. By working together we can build empathy and understanding of this very important topic.
Wed, September 27, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Thur, September 28, 2017
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS: 9/19/17
Have any questions about Wagner? Please visit our Wagner Dictionary for answers, click here for dictionary.
For Wagner's full year calendar, please click on the calendar icon, under the word "Calendar" to the right of the morning announcements.
Pupilpath Account Set Up letters, went home today with your child. Please ask them for it so both you and they, can set up your family’s pupilpath accounts.Please Note: When you are selecting your school from the drop down menu, there are 4 “Wagner” schools. Please chose the following for our school: “02M167 Wagner Middle School”.
Upcoming Tryouts/Auditions (updated):
- Volleyball Tryouts: Girls' Volleyball Tryouts will be Wednesday, September 20, at 7:20am, in the gym. Please see Mr. Walkdeck in room 330, with any questions.
- Cross Country Team Tryout Results: Thanks to all who tried out for the cross country team. The roster of names will be posted tomorrow, 9/19, outside of the gym.
- Flag Football (updated tryout time): Tryouts will be at 7am, Wednesday, September 20th, meet in the gym but tryouts will be in the yard. Varsity Coach: Mr. Gyasi and JV Coach: Ms. Schnapper
- Wrestling: No tryouts. Please come to an "Interest Only" meeting at 8am, Tuesday, September 19th, in the auditorium.
- Girls' Soccer (Coach: Mr. Goldstein) Wednesday, September 20th, 7am, meet in the gym but tryouts will be in the yard.
- Boys' Soccer (Coach: Mr. Gyasi), Tuesday, September 19th, 7am, in the gym.
- Attention All Musicians!! The Wagner Jazz Band will be on Wednesdays after school this year. We are looking for students with one or more years of study on the following instruments: piano, bass, guitar, drum set, saxophone, trumpet and trombone. See Mrs. Cuevas in room B41 to sign up for an audition time and to get audition music. Auditions began this week.
- Drama Club Auditions: This year the Wagner Drama Club’s Musical will be “Beauty and the Beast!” Auditions will be held in two weeks on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, September 27th, 28th & 29th starting at 2:45, in the auditorium. Sign ups for audition times have been posted outside of room 123. To audition for the musical, please prepare a one-minute song. During the year, Drama Club Crew will meet on Thursdays from 2:45 to 4:30pm.
- Parent Workshop coming up, September 27th & 28th (see calendar for times/details): Click on following link to register: Fostering Positive Mental Health in Teens with Michael Fraser. Ph.D.
- Fairway Discount (click here for flyer): Turn your grocery purchases into $ for our school when you shop @Fairway Double Day Donation Tuesday, September 19. Extra cards are in the main office and will also be available at Curriculum Night: 4:30-5:30pm.
- A message from the Principal (updated): Principal Rehn would like to welcome all parents, to come to a special meeting to discuss the Wagner Grading Policy.
- For 6th grade families only, the meeting to discuss the grading policy, will be on Curriculum night, September 26th. *The agenda for Curriculum night will be eblasted soon.
- For 7th grade parents only, the meeting will be at 5:30pm on September 28th, followed by the 7th grade high school information night at 6pm.
- For 8th grade parents only, the meeting will take place on September 18th, followed by the 8th grade high school information night (Sept. 18th),at 6pm.
- School Lunch Forms: As you know, Wagner offers free lunch to all students, every day. However, we need 100% survey participation from our parents - regardless of need. The form is going home with students today. To make it easier, you can go on-line to fill out the form (one per family not per school). For example, if you have a third grader and a 6th grader, you only have to fill out the form once. If you complete it on-line, you will get a confirmation email. Please print this and have your child give it to their teacher so we can keep track of our numbers. The form will ask for your child’s OSIS number. Also, when asked for school name, choose: 02M167 - JHS 167 Robert F. Wagner. At the end of the form, it will give you an option to Print or View Form. You can print this form and send to school or you can print the confirmation email. Click here to get started.
- Wagner Wear - Gym Shirts (update): If you would like to purchase new gym shirt for your child, please send your child to school with the money ($10). They can purchase gym shirts from their gym teachers in gym class during the next week.
- Note from the PA: Gym Shirts and Wagner Sweatshirts will be sold before Curriculum Night (4:30pm-5:30pm), September 26th. Also, on Wednesdays, The PA is going to have a school store during the students' morning home-room (8:20-8:28am), students (or parents) can come to room 126, to purchase Wagner sweatshirts and or t-shirts. NO DEBIT CARDS PLEASE. Just cash or check written to "Wagner PA" will be accepted.
- Black Board Awards: We wanted to make you aware of the Blackboard Awards and encourage you to nominate a teacher or our school. The deadline is September 29th. To learn more or make a nomination, click HERE. You can nominate a teacher, a principal or a school. (fyi: a dean is under the category of teacher).
- Club 167 – Wagner’s After-school Program. All Club 167 information is being organized right now. Please click here for the most up to date information on Club 167.
- Attention 7th & 8th Grade Families that were given medical forms from the nurse last June. The nurse is asking that these be returned asap, so they can be processed in the event that your child needs medical attention. This message is ONLY for families that were given the forms directly by the nurse last June.
- PA is looking for Volunteers (updated): If you are interested in helping out or chairing the Fresh Meadow Farms Fundraiser, volunteers are urgently needed for support. If interested, please email Nesli Ciner (PA co-president) at: email@example.com. They are also looking for volunteers asap, for the Wagner Auction, which will take place on January 26th, 2018. To volunteer for the auction, please contact Patricia at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MetroCards: If your child has not received their MetroCard, they should see Ms. Deane in the main office after school. If she does not have their MetroCard on hand, she will have one for them the next day. For students who have lost their card already, they may have to wait up to 2 weeks, for a new cards. (email@example.com). Please see the "Bulletin Board" for the MetroCard Replacement Request Form.
- Pupilpath: Every year, pupilpath is reset and uploaded with all new classes, teachers, and students. All old passwords are also reset. You will receive new registration letters next week. This letter will provide codes and directions, for setting up a pupilpath account for you and your student. If you have questions about pupilpath, please email Ms. Elias at: JElias2@schools.nyc.gov.
- 8th Grade High School Night: September 18th, 6pm
- 7th Grade High School Night: September 28th, 6pm
- If you have not signed up to receive emails from the school via the Parent Coordinator, please email her to let her know so she can put you on her grade level list. If you have more than one child at Wagner, be sure to have your email address on both lists as the Parent Coordinator often sends emails that are grade specific.
- Head to Modell's on 86th and 3d for 15% off of all your back-to-school and Fall sporting needs - Click here for link to coupon.
- Registration: If you have any registration questions or need to change/update your mailing address, please email Ms. Deane at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Exam Results: Results are available on the website: https://mystudent.nyc. If you have not set up an account, please send an email to the parent coordinator with your child's name and OSIS number.
Table Tennis Opportunity on Saturdays at Wagner Middle School, click here for flyer.
- To contact the Parent Coordinator, email me at: SGonzalez132@schools.nyc.gov.
Meadow Farms PA Fundraiser Kick OffWagner Middle School
No School - Rosh HashanahWagner Middle School
Curriculum Night, 5-8pmWagner Middle School
Wagner School Tours 2017-18 School Year
Welcome to Wagner Middle School's Fall Tour/Open House Season. Parents and their 5th graders, from public, private, parochial or home instruction schools, are welcome to join us for a daytime tour (8:45am) or an evening open house (5:30pm); however, you must register if you would like to attend one of our fall tours or open houses. Please print your ticket to bring with you when you arrive for the tour or open house.
Please note: Your individual schools may request for you to sign up for a specific date, so please discuss with your school's guidance counselor or parent coordinator prior to registering, as all of our tours are "open", we do not require specific schools to come on specific dates.
- All schools : Link To Register
- For Chinatown Schools: Link To Register (*Mandarin and Cantonese Translators will be available on this date)
Parents and their 5th graders, from public, private, parochial or home instruction schools, are welcome to join us for a daytime tour (8:45am) or an evening open house (5:30pm); however, you must register if you would like to attend one of our fall tours or open houses. Please print your ticket to bring with you when you arrive for the tour or open house.
A Picture Perfect Start To The 2017-18 School Year.
Statement on Accessibility:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Janet Elias at Jelias2@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance.