Morning Announcements 9.23.16
- 6th Grade Coffee Hour was today. Thank you so much to the staff as well as the 6th grade parents, for such a wonderful turnout! Over the weekend, I will send you a link with a few questions from today. Even if you did not have a chance to come today, please respond. Your input may help me plan the next coffee hour as well as recruit helpers. Thank you!
- Wagner website Calendar dates: Please note that the remainder of the calendar dates will be posted on our website calendar by next week. During the year, some event dates change due to unpredictable external events. In this case, I will always update the website’s calendar first, then follow up with an eblast or put it in the school newsletter. I will also frequently eblast a link to the school’s website calendar, so that you can check for upcoming dates/events.
- Soccer (Boys) – Attention all 7th & 8th grade boys. Group “A” was rescheduled for today, September 23rd, due to slippery conditions in the yard last week. Any questions: Mr. DaCosta: LDacosta@schools.nyc.gov
- Drama Club Auditions: Thank you to all of the students who auditioned for the Drama Club’s production of Hairspray. We had our biggest turnout in years! The cast list will be posted outside Mr. Crotser’s room (room 115) at the end of the day today. For additional questions, Contact Ms. Crotser: RCrotser@schools.nyc.gov or Mr. Cherkasky at: ECherkasky@schools.nyc.gov
- Flag Football: All students who tried out for the flag football team on Wednesday, are invited back for a 2nd day of flag football tryouts on Monday, September 26th, after school in the gym. See Mr. Gyasi or Mr. Waldeck with any questions. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention 7th & 8th Grade Students and Families: There is a high school fair taking place this weekend at Brooklyn Tech High School, September 24th & 25th from 10am – 3pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about various high schools in NYC.
- Gym t-shirts – Today is the final day that the gym teachers will be selling Wagner t-shirts during gym class. If your child still has not purchased a t-shirt for gym, please send them with $10 to class. If you have ordered a shirt from the PA with an order form, and have not received it yet, you should be receiving these by Monday (they will be in your child’s teacher’s mailbox or you will receive an email from Nicole Kaplan, PA president) to tell your child to pick it up from Ms. Gonzalez in room 124, on Monday. Nicole has t-shirt sizes Large and Small at the moment but will not have size Medium until October. Please know that Nicole has been filling the orders as she receives them. If you have ordered a hoodie or sweatshirt and have not received an email from Nicole, please note that when the order deadline is done (September 30th), she will place the final order and they will be delivered in October. Any questions: email Nicole Kaplan: email@example.com
- September’s Lunch/Breakfast links: Click on Lunch menu and Breakfast menu.
- Pupil Path & Echalk will be ready soon. Ms. Alfalla will send out information when it is ready. In the meantime, the teachers have their own “pages” on the website. The teacher’s “pages” can be found under the tab entitled “Class/Group Pages”. Some teachers will already be posting homework on this site and some may not. Check out your child’s teacher’s page to see what might be posted.
- MetroCards: Some students were not in school when the teacher handed them out on Day 1 or 2. I have these cards and will be in Room 124 after school or anyone who may have missed getting their cards. I also have the cards for any child who registered for school over the last few days. If you have any questions regarding why your child received a half-fare card versus a full-fare, you can visit the OPT (Office of Pupil Transportation) website to see more information and distance guidelines: http://www.optnyc.org/ServicesAndEligibility/getransportation.htm
- Club 167 registration information: Please see attached documents for Wagner's after school program called Club 167. For families who may not have access to the internet or a printer, there will be hard copies of the brochure on the counter in the main office by Friday, 9/23. Online registration will go live on Sunday, 9/25. This is the recommended method for CLUB 167 registration Paper applications, while not suggested, will start to be accepted STARTING Monday, 9/26. Applications will not be accepted before 9/26.
Financial Aid Applications for Club 167 will be available in at least 3 places...
1) Through a link when everything is loaded onto my class/group page.
2) On the counter in the main office as part of the complete brochure. These will be on the main counter by no later than this Friday, 9/23.
3) Downloadable from the online registration portal once it goes live on 9/25.
Since the Financial Aid form should be submitted with a paper application, or with emailed registration confirmation from online registration, it should NOT be submitted earlier.
*For the fastest response, please email me.