Students appreciate that they are challenged academically in an environment where teachers take the time to get to know them personally. They also like all the opportunities that are available to them in a big school setting including our extensive after‑school, band, and sports programs. Parents appreciate the diverse student population and dedicated staff, and they also value the accessibility of the administrators and teachers. Students and families work closely with an assistant principal and guidance counselor. In addition to a strong core curriculum, Wagner has one of the largest music programs in the city, providing approximately 500 students with instrumental classes.
Operoo Communication System
Wagner Middle School uses Operoo as a communication platform. We will be using this platform for distributing and collecting school forms, mobile communications, parental consent, medical and emergency information, paperless school trips, and more.
Before using Operoo, parents and guardians must activate their Operoo account by following these steps:
Parents will receive an email from Operoo with temporary account information. If you do not see the email, check your “junk mail” folder or “spam” folder.
1. Clicking on the blue “Sign In” button in this email will bring the user to the Operoo sign-in page. They will be asked to sign in with the username and password that were provided in this email.
2. Signing in for the first time will prompt the user to set up a new password and to self-select their preferred language for the site to display in.
3. After setting this new password, the user will be logged into their account. This first time they fully log into the site, they will be prompted to confirm the contact information that is on file for them.
The email address will default to the one that is on record in the system. If updates are unnecessary, they can cancel out of this window, or if updates are being made, they can use the blue “Save” button to update the records in the system.
Updating Contact Information as a User
1. When a parent user is logged into their Operoo account, they will access the My Account tab at the top right of the page.
2. In the My Account tab, they will click on Change My Contact Details.
3. The same pop-up window they saw when they first logged into their accounts will appear allowing them to update the email address and phone number associated with them.
After the contact information has been updated, the user will click on the blue “Save” button.
Updating Default Site Language
For parents who would prefer the site to display in their home language, but did not set it during their initial login, they can follow the steps below.
1. While logged into their Operoo accounts, they will click on the small globe icon located in the top righthand corner of the screen.
2. They will be presented with a dropdown menu in the middle of the screen allowing them to select the language that they prefer the site to be displayed in.
3. Once they make their selection from the menu, they will click the blue “Save” button below the dropdown field.
Note: If the user would like to reset their default language to English, they can click on the globe icon again.
There will be a new button present for them that says “Reset to English”.
If you have problems activating your Operoo account, please email Mr. Waldeck at Dwaldeck@schools.nyc.gov for assistance.
Login to JumpRope to view current student progress in each course.